Internet Explorer 7 RC 1
Yesterday Microsoft released the RC1 of its new IE7 web browser. This replaces the IE7 Beta 3 version. Some of the new features include a streamlined interface, tabbed browsing, printing advances, improved search functionality, instant feeds (RSS), dynamic security protection, and more.
Better Standards Support…
Better standards support in IE also means some pages break. Provided are a set of documentation and tools to help you transition your pages to IE7:
- The IE 7 Readiness Toolkit pulls together documentation, tools, and guidance for developers, testers, and ITPros to prepare sites, extensions and applications for IE 7.
- The Cascading Style Sheet Compatibility in Internet Explorer 7 - documentation on common breaking patterns and techniques you can do to avoid them.
- Developer and ITPro Checklists
- The IE Developer Center is the clearinghouse for all (past and present) IE developer information.
- Application Compatibility Toolkit that logs and identifies changes in behavior due to changes in IE 7 and Vista.
- All of this is wrapped up for you in the Information Index for IE 7.