« Home | www.dentistkids.com - Dentistry for Kids » | Adobe - Flex 2 Downloads » | 3 Free Chapters - "Build Your Own AJAX Web Applica... » | Google, Yahoo, & MSN Update Search Results » | Google Apps for Your Domain » | PPC Campaign Success » | Internet Explorer 7 RC 1 » | So how -do- you code an AJAX Web page? » | The Hello World of AJAX » | PageRank for Blogs? »

WordPress Plugins

I have been playing with WordPress as the corporate directive is to have a password protected area to disucss within the design team. Also, we need to have the option to use CODE or PRE blocks which unfortunately Blogger does not have.

WordPress has the option to add the plugins needed, like the password protected site and the code blocks. Coffee2Code has some good plugins.

I set up a blog to test and experiment with on my parent domain http://www.ironvine.com/blog/.

WordPress uses PHP technology and a MySQL database, which I am not sure that I like. I would much rather prefer an XML file which is much more transportable. Something similar to the Sesame News RSS Feed.

For now I will most likely be keeping my main blog here and using that one as reference.